Monday, October 11, 2010

The Power of Prayer


It’s been a little while since I’ve sent an update on my recovery. While I will give you a glimpse of what recovery life has looked like for me, the purpose of this email is to promote healing!
A wise woman reminded me yesterday of the power of prayer. Another wise woman, over a year ago, lent me a book called “God’s Prescription for Divine Health.” I have decided to combine the wisdom of both of these fabulous ladies and call forth a prayer chain.
The people that I have chosen to send this email to are either believers or people who believe in the power of prayer and/or healing thoughts – and you are all people who want the best for me and for me to recover as soon as possible.
I believe that I will be healed. I also believe that you could possibly help me in that healing process. Gage and I decided that at 4:00 pm everyday we are going to stop and say a prayer for my healing. I am asking each of you to do this, too!

I recognize that not everyone on this email list may know how to pray… I want to assure you that there is no right or wrong way to pray! One example could be for you to simply stop what you are doing at 4:00 pm and meditate on my healing. Another example would be to say, “God, I thank you for the healing that you are doing in my friend, Stephanie. Please complete the healing work you have started in her.”

For those of you who have asked me for specifics on where I am in my recovery so you may pray specifically, here they are:
- The challenges that I face daily are severe back pain and lack of physical endurance; this also, at times, leads to feelings of sadness or stress because I can’t live the life of a “normal” 30-year-old.
- At first, my surgeon told me that the initial recovery process would take only 8 weeks; however, recently, my medical team told me that because of the obstacles I faced over the past 3 months (I had the wrong sized walker, I went back to work 3 weeks too early, I used harmful postural techniques, I “over did it” at work day after day, my initial OT failed to teach me the correct way to go up and down stairs…) the initial phase of my recovery could now take 5 months to 1 year – and the secondary stage of my recovery could take 1-to-2 years.
- Right now, I am only released to work 3 days each week. This adds a financial and professional burden to my life.
Instead of focusing on the pain, I have decided to focus on my healing. In the book, “God’s Prescription for Divine Health” the author said, “Your eyes are the gateway to your body. If your eye (or attention) is on darkness, or the sickness that is in your body, there will be no light to expel it. If, however, the eyes of your heart are trained strictly on the Word, your whole body will eventually be filled with light, and healing will be the result,” (p. 15-16).
Every day, I am looking to God for healing. I am asking you too, friends and family, if you would be willing dedicate 30 seconds/day to my recovery.
From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment