Monday, April 16, 2012

It's Complicated

Gage and I got a lot of information from my Pain Doctor/Physiatrist on Friday. It’s complicated… And, as much as I usually share EVERYTHING with my blog-family, Gage and I are still processing through everything so some news will have to wait. Also, we want to be sure to talk to family first, so stay-tuned for those results and I will share with you the Diagnosis/Results soon.


For now, please keep us in your prayers. What I can share is that I had to have 2 cortisone shots in my derriere – to help my low-back and hip pain. Have you ever had a cortisone shot? The are PAINFUL!!!! They hurt when you get them. They hurt for up to 3 days later, too! Lucky for me, I got to experience their BITE for the entire 3 days.


The Pain Doc agreed that my pain is severe and he made some drastic changes in my medicine. While we are hoping that the end results will be worth it all, I have to go through weeks of detox and withdrawal. According to The Pain Doc, even though I may not be psychologically addicted to my medication, stopping my medication and switching to another will be very difficult on my body. Another "lucky for me" - I also have SEVERAL weeks of this “weening” to endure. It effects everything: sleeping & eating; hot-sweats & cold-sweats; mood-swings/my emotions are very difficult to control; nausea. I am hoping that my body re-adjusts quickly, because the past few days have been physically and emotinally AWFUL!!!

Thankfully, we have been very blessed this weekend, despite the hardships. For the first time ever, we got an offer from the Laundry Fairy! Additionally, my wonderful neighbor surprised me with Starbucks & a new ceiling light for the living room. On Saturday evening, one of our Best-Couples-Friends made sure we were taken care of after an “inconvenient” church experience. And, my darling friend from my Women’s Prayer Group gave me (literally) 5 BAGS of clothing. All in ONE weekend! And, ALL without us even explaining our “situation” to any one of them prior to their Amazing Acts of Kindness. Thank you friends!!! God must have been whispering in a LOT of ears this weekend because we felt blessed!


I know that cliff-hangers like this are sometimes annoying. I’m sorry! I wanted to give you a slight update and ask that you continue to pray for me as, while my body adjusts to the new meds and says good-bye to the old, I STILL have to have my PT reeval TOMORROW afternoon! I am scheduled to be at The Facility for 4 HOURS. Pray that I can make it!

I’ll write soon so keep checking for updates.

Thank you for ALL of your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment